PATERSON OPEN RULES
Play the Ball as it Lies
UNLESS OTHERWISE ADVISED ON THE NOTICE BOARD; 30CM PREFERRED LIES (YOUR FAIRWAY ONLY)
1) Local Rules are to be read in conjunction with the Rules of Golf (current edition) & any Temporary Local Rules as displayed on the notice board.
2) Out of Bounds (Rule 18): All areas beyond the boundary fences (including the Sports Ground) & the areas defined white signs &/or posts.
3) Penalty Areas (Rule 17): Red Penalty Areas are defined by red stakes, lines or plates. Yellow Penalty Areas are defined by yellow stakes, lines or plates
4) Protective Screens: relief permitted (inclusive of line of sight) with the exception of the Boundary Fence on the 2nd/11th.
5) Abnormal Course Condition (Rule 16) a. Ground Under Repair: Any area bounded by a continuous or dotted white line, Clearly defined wheel ruts, Garden Beds, Areas of bare earth on fairways and greens, Stoney surfaces (Through the Green), Mulched areas, Unmarked drains & Sprinkler head value boxes & other irrigation fittings. b. Immovable Obstructions: Constructed roads or paths
6) Players are permitted to use the 9th/18th green for practice prior to their round (when starting times are under 2 hours).
Tee Markers: White - Men's, Red - Women's
Flag Positions: (approximate placings) Front = Red, Middle = Yellow, Back = Blue